How I work
Step 1: Getting started
- You get in touch and we chat about what you need (this work flow is an example of SEO website copywriting)– this is obligation-free and can be done via email, over the phone or in person.
- I create a proposal and quote– based on what you’ve told me, I flesh out the scope of the project, what you need to achieve, timelines and the project costings.
- At this stage, if you need something a little different, I adjust the proposal (and the quote) and send it back to you.
- You accept the proposal– now we’re settled on what you need, you simply sign and return the proposal, and deposit 50% of the project cost.
- Now we’re ready to get started!
Step 2: Research
- We create a detailed copywriting brief– this fleshes out what’s important to you and what you need your investment to achieve. It covers your target market, the details of your product or service, the hurdles your target market faces during their decision-making process and more.
- Creating a brief usually takes around one hour and can be done by phone.
- Please note- this is a crucial stage in the copywriting process, as a great brief makes it easier to create great copy for your business.
- You review the copywriting brief– you make any additions or corrections, then send it back with your approval to proceed.
Please note- this is when I can confirm the cost included in the initial proposal.
Step 3: Copywriting
- Copywriting commences– based on the copywriting brief, I start writing the first draft for your project.
- First draft feedback– I send you the first draft and you give feedback within the specified timeframe. (Remember you have more opportunities for feedback!)
- This draft will be in full, or a section of the copy. It’s much harder to change the style of writing later in the process. This draft ensures I’m on the right track.
- Please note- at this stage, if the scope of the project changes, I will need to go back to the initial proposal and requote.
Step 4: Revisions
- Revisions commence– after incorporating your feedback from the first draft, I rework the copy to create a second draft.
Remember- you have two rounds of revisions included, so there is plenty of scope to produce a final version that will work hard for your business.
- Second draft feedback– I send you the second draft and you give feedback within the specified timeframe.
- Please note- the remaining project invoice of 50% will be issued with the second version, but your project still has priority while we’re finalising the revisions.
Step 5: Project finalisation
- Final version– after incorporating your feedback from the second draft, I rework the copy to create the final version for your project.
- Project approval– when you’re happy with the final copy, I’ll ask you to complete a project approval form.
- Proofreading– now you’ve approved the final copy, it is now ready to be professionally proofread.
- I send you the proofread version– once the final version has been proofread and the invoice is paid, copyright is legally transferred over to you and the finalised proofread copy is yours to use.
- The project is now completed (insert happy dance!)
Take the next step
Do you need an experienced copywriter who is dedicated to taking the overwhelm out of your marketing?
Someone who is genuinely committed to seeing your business succeed?
Get on with the real work of running your business and contact me now for a no-obligation chat.
News from the nest
So, you’ve just engaged a copywriter for your new website build and you’re pretty excited because they’re an SEO (search engine optimisation) copywriter. They’ve promised to help with your SEO by doing keyword and keyword phrases research, and writing SEO-optimised...
Can’t I just do it myself? Well of course you can, but it’s like DIY painting your house. It’s only once you get started, that you realise there’s a lot more to it, you don’t have the right tools and the work is like a slow kind of torture. (I’m sure DIY painting is...